About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Help.

Summer is nearing, my friends. Summer is nearing. And I am becoming more and more excited. Though I'm not finished with classes until the 16 of May, and not finished at my Elementary school until the 24th, I still am realizing that my first year of college is coming to an end. I'm excited to be living back in Protection where I have free laundry, and my keys never leave the ignition. However, I'm a little nervous for how my social life could go from booming to...bombed?

With the summer coming, I need a book list. Why? Because, well, I am a nerd, and I love to read. It's a sick obsession I've had since, well, third grade. It wasn't until about third grade that I realized it was an obsession. Apparently, it's not common to take large AR books home and try to finish them in one night. Who knew?

Anyway, the previously stated information shall remain in the blog, and in the blog only. Truly, it's irrelevant to the topic. Obviously, I've already started thinking about this precious prize to my mind. My current summer must-reads include:

  1. Think by John Piper
  2. Take One by Karen Kingsbury
  3. The Hunger Games Trilogy
However, considering the amount of time I'll spend traveling, relaxing by the pool, and catching some rays, I'm going to need a few more suggestions. So, my faithful followers, this is where you come in. I need a few more suggestions. I am open to all kinds of suggestions. Why? Because I am not picky. When it comes to food, music, and books, I have a vast taste. 

Anyway, please, suggest. My capacity for boredom could be lessened drastically thanks to your suggestions. 

Read for love,
the Lone Woolf

3 comments:

  1. Go to my "On the Shelf" page on my blog.
    But ones I have read and aren't listed... Redeeming Love, Mark of the Lion series, A Corner of the Universe, Black Tuesday (includes a diabetic in the story).. I could go on forever. Hello, my mom IS a librarian. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "The Help" and it was very good. I'm working on several others but since they have a agricultural theme, you might not be so interested. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like YA books because I like lame things. Teenager books are the best and I don't even care.

    Read:

    "Hush, Hush" and "Crescendo" by Becca Fitzpatrick. Don't judge them from the back of the book...they sound stupid, but they're going to get popular. They are what they are. I like them.

    If you like fantasy stuff, check out "The Mortal Instruments" series. It's written by Cassandra Clare. It's pretty good. Sometimes exhausting. But good.

    If you just want a good stand alone book, try reading "The Book Theif" by Markus Zusak. The narrator is "death", and as weird as that sounds, you forget about it, and it's a good book. This book is going places--it will probably have a movie some day.

    Also you have the right idea in checking out "The Hunger Games". It's pretty original and the main character is badass. I love them.

    Good luck. x)

    ReplyDelete