About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Say Cheese!"

My Dearest Followers,

Today, has been a mix of boredom and extreme adventure. I believe it would be in your best interest to be informed about (or more so of my best interest to inform). This will be a long post, so you may not be up for it. I do, however, give you permission to read it in multiple settings because, yes, I love you that much. So here we go. Let me lay it all on the line for you...

It all started like this. Here I was, alone in my suite. I truly don't mind secluding myself from the world for a while. I mean, sometimes it's good to give my vocal chords a rest. Anyway, I was all warm and cuddled up in my green comforter with the warming help of my brown furry blanket. Sheer bliss, my friends, and boy, was I loving every minute of it. Then it hit--beep, beep, beep, beep. As I rolled over and rubbed my sleepy eyes, I did what any normal person would do--grabbed my cell phone to check the time. 8 a.m. My alarm was not due to go off for at least another 30 minutes, and I wasn't actually planning on getting out of bed for about another hour (I'm a fan of the snooze button). This beep obviously was not mine. In my mind, I knew that the beep would be gone in a matter of minutes. The owner of this ridiculously annoying sound couldn't possibly let it last. WRONG! I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat wondering when the vile sound eventually ceased. Well, let me be the first to inform you: 10 a.m. TEN! TWO HOURS OF CONSTANT NAGGING ON MY BELOVED HAMMER, ANVIL, AND STIRRUP! I nearly went hulk on the wall and ripped that cord out of the outlet myself. Sure, I played some delightful music, which covered it up momentarily. However, in between each song, the beep was back. And up the wall I drove. But don't worry, there is more to this story.

I finally managed to pull myself together long enough to make myself look half-way presentable for the day. And out I went for my journey of the day: buying books. I walk into the RSC to stop by the bank for some money. Lo, it was closed. Stink. I could venture to the public one down the street, but I am a creature of habit so that would be...SCARY. The bank lady on campus and I, we're tight. She knows my banking incompetence, and I think I may know about her secret love for the loan man. I see the way she looks at him, but don't worry, I'll never tell. Therefore, this proves my point: why would I ever want to venture to Woodlawn? My mom answered this question for me. I needed books.

So I ventured to the new bank. And this bank, my friends, it was beautiful. I felt unworthy. Don't get me wrong, the Bank of Protection is beautiful, too, but Commerce had a "the line starts here" sort of set up. It was a big deal, and I was in awe. I ran to the counter, and got some cash. Where to next? The beautiful book store. I, without the help of the workers, found all of my books. Talk about accomplishment, my friends. I'm a rather independent person, so asking for help isn't exactly something I enjoy doing. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO! So what did I do? Rejoiced, obviously! A happy dance in the middle of the bookstore and a heel kick on the way out. Life is good.

It only makes sense that the next place I would go is Walmart. A little leftover cash was in hand, and I NEEDED some grub. So, this, my dear followers, is where my title comes in. Here's what I ended up with:


  • Carrots
  • Crunchy Peanut Butter (to go with the carrots, obviously)
  • Bread
  • Miracle Whip
  • Ketchup
  • Jelly
  • Easy Mac (God's greatest gift to the college student)
  • Animal Crackers
  • Diet Pepsi (LOVE IN A CAN)
So no big, right? That seems like a pretty average list. But here's where it gets, well, cheesy. My list also included:
  • Cubed Cheese
  • Sliced Cheese
  • String Cheese
  • Cottage Cheese
Yes, four different kinds of cheeses. That's when it hit me--I'm truly, irrevocably, delightfully addicted to cheese. Though I've known it's been a passion of mine for many years, this trip to Walmart really sent me over the top. I am under the strong power of this delicious dairy. How will I fix this addiction? Ween myself off it slowly, gradually...perhaps. Or maybe, I will just envelop in the love of cheese. If a man showed up on my doorstep with a diet pepsi and some delicious cheeses (yes, skip the wine. I'll take the caffeine) I can confidently say, I would marry him on the spot. 

So here is where I end. I don't believe it is necessary for me to close this blog in a proper manner, so the end we shall just throw out. 

Over and out loves,

The Lone Woolf

5 comments:

  1. A) Diet Dr. Pepper trumps Diet Pepsi.
    B) Do not ween yourself off. My addiction to peanut butter is completely .... healthy. (http://acornerinmyworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/pb-problems.html)
    C) Hello, do you remember what I came back to after camp? PB and DDP... why do you think I'm still with aaron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) LORA, I LOVE YOU!!! You always make me laugh!
    2.) Chan....ummmm do you, me and my big bald hubby need to have a talk? AND if you want to take my girl diet pepsi and cheese you'll have to figure out how to find her!! :)) (I love you Chan!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea how ignorant I was. Not to the deliciousness of cheese, but that cottage cheese was...well, cheese. I thought it was some sort bacteria/dairy growth thing like yogurt. I've never tasted cottage cheese, (and I don't intend to; the very sight of it at the salad bar sends me into a tizzy) but thanks for inspiring me to give it a wiki and learn that it is indeed...cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lora, I tried the peanut butter and carrots yesterday and you are correct. It is the very definition of GREATNESS. Although, unfortunately on a negative note, the healthy energy drink was not my cup of energy drink to say the least.. Not that I did not fully appreciate your generosity of course! I might have not made it back without its help! But, I am afraid, the combination of tomato juice and orange soda was not as soothing as the peanut butter and carrots.

    ReplyDelete