About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My first. . .gulp. . .kiss.

Prepare yourselves,

The other evening, in between shoveling rather bland food down my throat, Emily, Sarah, and I got to talkin'...and laughing...and talking...annnnd laughing. It's kind of what we do. So, somehow we got to the girl talk, and the story of my first kiss popped into my head. Since Valentine's Day is nearing, and I have no better way to spend it than to reminisce, here we go. Let me waste no more of your time. We shall begin.

Go back in time...there I was, on the floor, staring straight into those beautiful blue eyes of my, yes, yes, LOVE...or so I thought at that time. There my "love" and I stayed, hiding behind a small table--wooden top, metal legs. My heart began to flutter, I closed my eyes, and leaned in.

Yes, I leaned in, and then quickly drew back. I looked to my left, and my best friend was right next to me. Not only was that a problem, the teacher's desk was in plain sight.

Okay, it's time for a side note: it was nap time. No, no, no. I'm not telling you a scandalous story, though you may be wondering at this point. It was literally, "nap time." Yes, I was a whopping five years old, but I definitely tried to act at least ten. Double digits were not out of the question in my mind. Okay, now where was I? Oh right, my creepin' best friend.

I looked at her, my kindergarten bestie, and said this, "Hey, Chris, would you mind holding up your matt. You know, so we could have a little privacy?" After a little more convincing, I was quite the little manipulator in grade school, she finally agreed. Up went her matt, and in I leaned again. We were head to head. I closed my eyes so tightly that the wrinkles on my forehead appeared. Finally, it happened. My first kiss.

I must have seen stars. The next day I drew a picture of a person with stars in their eyes, and I named him, "Tim." (that was the name of my suitor). Maybe I really liked this kid...or maybe that was just the only name I knew how to spell? Three letters was awesome. I don't know the answer to that question. However, a year later, he was still my "boyfriend"--if you can even call them that at six. Obviously, I had another one along with Tim, but they didn't mind. I kept em in the know. One for Monday and Wednesday, and one for Tuesday Thrusday. I believe I was single on Friday-Sunday.

Well, that's really all there is to it.  It was magical, memorable, and mine. Now, I have shared it with you. Feel privileged, for I wouldn't do this with just anyone. But I think you and I are on a secret sharing level, so that's what I'm doing. Sharing my secret.

Well, geography is calling my name. I hope you have a wonderful time, and beware of boys during nap time. They'll getcha. =)

Over and out,
The Lone Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment