About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The peeves. . .

Hiya faithful readers,

I'm currently sitting here at the "security desk" with my besties, Em and Sar. The weather is exceedingly cold outside, and for this, I am truly annoyed. The icy cold air is seeping in through the doors that are about  10 feet from me. The man standing here waiting for the elevator put it ever so simply, "it's rather cold outside." Yes, yes, it is. My delicate little fingers are really having trouble typing because they are THAT cold. This cold annoyance, however, lead to my new inspiration: things that "peeve" me. Yeah, like really just anger me, frustrate me, etc. And I've decided to put it into a list because, well, I love them. So, read on, loves, read on.


  • Surprise attacks by the mattress--yes, SURPRISE ATTACKS! Somehow, in the middle of the night, my sheets are ripped off and out pops the wretched BLUE MATTRESS! I hate it. Why? Because it's cold, probably germy, and a giant plastic mystery! 
  • Blankets that are too short--Apparently, it is a foreign concept to some that the shoulder AND feet area could be cold AT THE SAME TIME! What? NO way! Yes, way, sheesh. I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night, desperately try to cuddle up in a blanket. When it doesn't work, I throw a little fit. You know, like start kicking my legs and flailing my arms. This frustration could be solved easily--more fabric, duh. Sure, I could just wear socks or slippers to sleep in, but no...because my next frustration is...
  • Sleeping in socks--Let's see, how can I put this? I have claustrophobic feet. They don't like to be trapped in little fabric containers of emotion. I hope some of you get that reference. 
  • Silence--nothing makes me feel more awkward than that silence between two people, where you are looking side to side, but you really don't know what to say. Yeah, that's near death to me. As is having the radio off in cars. That silence is absolutely unbearable, and I'm not kidding. 
  • Religious emails--I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go to hell because I didn't send an email. The internet obviously has a different Bible than I. 
  • Missing the sunset by a mere few minutes--ugh, I don't feel like this requires much explanation. Watching the sunset is almost as enjoyable to me as watching a movie. When I just barely miss it, my heart breaks. 
  • Eating food with my hands--please, don't get the wrong impression. I am by no means one of those girly girls who refuses to get their hands dirty. I love mud, the nasty dirt left in your softball glove that sticks to your hand, finger painting, etc. But my friends, I love forks, spoons, knives, sporks. They were created for divine use, and divine use they shall have.
  • Grinding fabric between your teeth--idk, it just sends chills up my spine.
  • Flashing Lights--obviously, I don't like cop cars. But I was actually initially referring to the blinking red light that my phone shows. I mean, it's really a nice concept, but sometimes, I just want to smash it with my fist.
  • One word texts--I love words, so shouldn't every other person? Just kidding. But they do make me feel like I'm only bothering the person texting. Insecure? Maybe a little.
  • Plan making--okay, so I actually LOVE to make plans. I like lists, itineraries, schedules, etc. BUT I hate it when people say, "Let's do something." I agree, and the next question is, "What should we do?" Ugh, soooo muuuucchh PRESSURE! Yet, for some reason, people do this to me ALL of the time. Oh well, I'm large and in charge. 
So there you have it. You all should feel awfully privileged because you now know the frustrations of my soul. Now I must go. Despite the inclement weather, WSU still has stinking school. Ugh. 

Disappointed in my choice of college,
the Lone Woolf

2 comments:

  1. I'm a silence fan. How do we get along so well?

    Oh yeah, made to be roomz. Divine room assignment. That's how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally got chills when reading the grinding fabric between my teeth one cause that happens to me too, lol! So I just counted...you have 11 bullet points and I happen to agree with 9. Yes...according to your list we have 9 mutual 'peeves', lol!

    ReplyDelete