About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Dreamin'

My lovely, lovely followers,

How delighted I am to bestow this information upon you. I mean, it's fancy information to me, so it must be the same to you, yeah? Haha...just kidding. I'm not that stinkin' selfish...always. Anyway, background information: every once in a while I hear a song, and it truly delights my heart.

I mean, there are many other things that give me this feeling of true bliss...sunsets, nice compliments, good grades, funny jokes, etc. Anyway, as I was listening to my Brooke Fraser pandora radio, this particular song came on...and my heart delighted.

Why? Because it was raw. Raw talent. Raw beauty. Raw emotion. I listened in awe, and when I watched the video, I was even more in awe. One, it sounds absolutely beautiful. Two, she does everything. And three, this is me as a little girl. Running around, playing pretend, falling asleep as I pray. Heck, this is me...now.

Though I am growing up in so many ways, I catch myself seeking that childhood innocence, simplicity that  was once overwhelming me. Yet the other part of me is so excited for my future to come. Tomorrow I begin a job at an elementary school close to campus.

I am overflowing with emotions. Excited. Nervous. Anxious. Deathly, deathly fearful.

Today, I just had a  realization. I am growing up whether I like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to step foot into the real world and get only a taste of what is yet to come. I guess I just realized that I will never have that lovely childhood back.

I suppose that is all for you, my friends. Tomorrow is an exciting time, so I'm going to go mentally prepare myself. For hours.

Keep your hearts young and your ears open,
The Lone Woolf

2 comments:

  1. Do they have a version that makes me feel like a little boy again, lol?! I'll do some research...I'm pretty good at researching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl you will do great and you will always be a crazy little girl that doesnt ever actually go away unless you let it and I cant imagine you will. love ya lora have a wonderful day tomorrow

    ReplyDelete