About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Something joyous happened today. I decided to write about it in verse...

You've been gone too long
I've missed that silent song
But now you're back at my side.

I keep you close
With each insulin dose
I supply you with my blood sugar slide.

You keep all my data
with some of your own strata
But we are like two peas in a pod.

With you gone
I carry on
But with you I'm as cool as a guy with a hot rod.

Shiny, sharp, silver, pointy
Stabbed deep into my own tummy
I trust you don't give me hypertrophy

They try to take you from my grasp
But to you I tightly clasp
For your company is like my trophy.

When the end comes
And they pry you from my stomach and thumbs
I will always remember the diabetic love we've had.

Keep faith, my Dexter,
My continuous diabetic tester,
For at the end of July, we'll be far from disappointed, mad.

The End.

Dexter is back my friends. I have been reunited with my sharp, continuous friend. =)

Love and Diabetic Consistency,
the Lone Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment