About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break

Hello to you all,

I haven't posted in a while due to many different aspects--visiting hospitals, starting new jobs, keeping a social life..you get the picture. 

But now I'm on the lovely spring break. What am I doing for this lovely holiday, you may ask? Well, let me tell you.

Absolutely nothing

An entire week of no plans, prior engagements, people to please...it's going to be wonderful. I am chilling in Protection, and nobody will be bothering me. HOwever, I've decided that I should do something fun, so I have something to look forward to everyday. So here's my plan.

I am going to dive into Protection. I'm going to do something new once a day. What the new things will be, I have yet to determine, but I'm going to scope it out. Since I technically got home yesterday, I will start with...yesterday? 

It was Saturday night, and it's March Madness time, folks. This happens to be one of my favorite times of the year. I haven't ever been a sports follower because I don't really see a point. There are too many things that are disappointing in life that I CAN control, so I choose not to waste my time on caring about the things that I CAN'T. Silly, I know. However, I do enjoy walking through the house hearing the sound of basketball games, people yelling random things, etc. It's March Madness, and I've already enjoyed my hearty share. 

But March Madness isn't new. What was, my lovelies, was a super moon. Yes, a SUPER moon. What does that entail? A moon with a cape? A mask? Super powers? Well, no...but yes. The moon shines SUPER bright, and it's SUPER big. This kind of thing doesn't happen very often. 

So last night, I walked out onto my front porch, wrapped myself in a blanket, and sat down on my first step, a place that holds so many memories. The sky was clear, and the town was quiet. So quiet. How long it has been since I've experienced such serenity. 

Not only did I realize how much I value the moon and stars and there wonderful beauty, I also realized how much I've missed this quietness that I never seem to encounter anymore. So there I sat...passing time...admiring. 

Life has been stressful lately. I'm riding a fine line between busy and mentally overloaded. When this happens, I often forget how lovely this planet actually is, and how much I have to love. Really, I forget to feel. I don't allow anything to upset me because, well, I justify it as being a fact of life. Sitting on my porch, staring up directly above me, brought me back to reality.

So, yes, this moon did have super powers. No, not a cape, and no, not a mask, but it definitely had the power to bring me back to earth. back to my roots. back to a life of feeling. And that's my goal for the week--rediscovering a life of feeling

That's all I have for now. Today, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, but when I do, you'll be the first to know. 

Love to all,
the Lone Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment