About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Driving barefoot

Today, obviously, was day three of something new. I was struggling for a while as to what exactly new I did today. It was one of those days that was pretty packed. I woke up, scrambled some eggs, made some coffee, and sat down to watch tv. So here's new number one: the Wendy Williams show.


Personally, I don't watch too many talk shows, but recently, I am finding that I enjoy them more and more. And today, I especially loved this one. So much, that I may get up by ten, so that I can watch it again tomorrow. HOwever, this isn't the new I was going to tell you about, my friends. My other excitement for the day came a little later.


I got a text message from my lovely cousin, Shelby, asking if I wanted to do an earlier lunch because she was 'hungry'. It was only about 10:45 when I got this, but I managed to throw on some nike shorts, cash a check, and hit the road by 11:05. 


I made it to Coldwater, picked up my cuzz, and off to lunch we went. It was obviously the Kreeme that was suitable for our taste buds on this given day. I walked up to the counter, looked at the menu (though pointless since I get the same thing EVERY time), and ordered a chef salad with chicken, chocolate covered rice krispy cookie, and a large diet dr. pepper. This is like...heaven to my tongue. So Shelb and I sat there, ate, and suddenly, she got a wonderful idea. Golfing.


Shelby and I are two of the most ridiculous people. Taking anything serious has never been one of our strengths--especially golfing. The only time either of us had seen our grandpa get mad was on a golf course. But when you have two teenaged girls, 29 whiffs, and a couple of swings that result in a face plant...of course we're going to giggle...excessively. 


Anyway, today, despite the nasty wind, we decided to go golfing, and golfing we did. We headed to the course, found a cart (that is another ridiculous story in itself), and hit the course. Since neither of us have much patience, we went for the shortest holes. The first hole resulted in a couple of silly pictures, me losing my ball in a pasture on the second stinkin' shot (the ball matched my shirt. I was a little ticked off), and shelby putting her ball in...like she was playing pool. Like I said, ridiculous.


The next hole, however, we were getting serious. There was a little stream, and somehow, Shelby and I managed to get across it on the first hit. That within itself was a divine situation. On we went to finish up what was already obviously, our hole. That's when shelby asked, "Do you always golf with your shoes off?" This question really threw me for a loop. As far as I knew, I had put shoes on that day, so for a solid two seconds I was really confused. I looked down, and sure enough, there on each foot was a nice lookin' silvery asic. I, indeed, had shoes on. In the next moment, I did what any natural person would do. I said, "No, but I am now." So I ripped my shoes off and finished the hole.


I later drove with my shoes off. No, not my car. That definitely wouldn't be new. I always drive my car with my shoes off. But today, I drove the course...foot loose and fancy free. And boy was it joyous. Until about two minutes later. A stinkin' sticker ruined my five minutes of breezy toes with cold grass running through them. 


So there's my new...driving barefoot. I would recommend this situation to any of you. When all else fails, take your shoes off. Okay, time to get rested for tomorrow. 


Watch out for stickers,
the Lone Woolf


yes, this is me and my three moments of glory. Did I forget to mention the awesome socks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment