About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Runnin' low.

Hello my lovely followers,

I know I didn't blog my new yesterday, but it was a very busy day, and my new was rather simple. Allos me to inform you.

I went running with my favorite older sister. My blood sugars had been running a wee bit on the lower side all day, but I figured enjoying a very high calorie meal would allow me to run a mere two miles without any trouble. Well, wrong. Nearing the end of the run, I started feeling a little, well, strange.  It kind of felt like my body was in normal running mode, but it seemed that my vertical was increasing. I felt like I was...jump-running. Yes, running and jumping at the same time. bounding.

Weird, right? OKay, well, that's not necessarily the 'new' thing of the day. The new part was that I was very...unprepared. Normally, I am in control of my diabetes. I often feel like a mother when I'm around my other diabetics because I'm the one who checks my blood sugar, or provides them with the necessary supplies to check there's (even if it is the only time they've done it in months) (cough cough...BRYAN). Anyway, at this point in time, I was unprepared and in a very unfamiliar place. SO I finally told my sister, and she said, "do you want me to go knock on that door?"

I said no. I mean, can you imagine how awkward that would be!? "Hi, sir, uhhh...do you have any food my diabetic sister could eat real quick. She's having a hyplogycemic episode."

Yeah, awwwwkkkward.

Megan then responded how any older sister would respond, "Lora, if you fall on the ground, I will be dragging you by your ponytail." She's so...sweet. The story ends quickly. I then realized we were only about two blocks from my sister's house and the end of our run. So there we went, sprinting...I'd say we had a very nice 'kick'. I ripped open the gate, then the door, and very ungracefully the fridge. I chugged a nice Hawaiian PUnch, and then I was fine. Back to normal blood sugar range. Thank goodness. I, my friends, was back in control. And control is exactly where I like to be.

Well, that's all. Coming soon is my new thing of...well, today.

Keep your sugars up,
the Lone Woolf

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, I never have trouble like that. Like I have told you many times... I am only half diabetic. So rightfully, I don't have to worry about silly low blood sugars... ha, I like this blog.

    ReplyDelete