About Me

My photo
I love life. I love God. I love laughter. Yet I am far more complex than this.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A new...calling?

HEyyy there again,

So, at the end of this post, I will thankfully be caught up on my new things for the week. Congratulations, right? Right. Okay, so here we go. Get pumped, this is one of my favorites.

Today, I did absolutely nothing. Well, I did make some pudding and watch three hours of How I Met Your Mother, Bridget Jones, and some Disney Channel. Did you know in Bridget Jones, she is in love and ultimately ends up with...Mark Darcy. Who play Darcy? Collin Firth. WHy is this hilarious? Well, Collin Firth also plays Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice...the A&E version. It's a solid five hours of sheer loveliness. Yeah, I'm a wee bit obsessed thanks to Senior English. Obsessed with both Pride and Prejudice AND Collin Firth. Anyway, that little bit of information fancied me for most of the day.

I only tell you all of the above information to elaborate on how little I actually accomplished today (the pudding was really good, though). So tonight, after I got home from visiting my gramps at the hospital and eating at Don's, I walked in to see my favorite 10-year-old chillin' in the recliner. I did what any 19-year-old big sister would do--jumped in the chair with her (tight, tight squeeze I might add).

So there we were, sitting, enjoying the Disney Channel, obviously, and just hanging out. I was trying to find a place for my right arm. I needed it to be free, so I could text, and comfortable because, well, I like to be comfortable. Naturally, the right place was across Addie's face.

Upon placement, I realized my little mutant sister was doing some strange, awkward movement with her mouth. Yes, she was trying to BITE my arm--as if it were in her way or something! Rude. Anyway, I, of course, stuck my elbow on her nose, so she couldn't reach my arm. I honestly don't even know why I'm telling you all this. I mean, this is what all normal sisters do. Well, hold tight...this story is about to get boss.

We ended up fighting in the little chair. I finally had her arms wrapped around her head like a stinkin' pretzel, and was slapping her face with HER hand (which will later defend me). All of the sudden, she goes, "WHOA," and throw her arms up. The she puts her hand out right in front of her mouth, and hocks something into it. I look down, and lo, it's a tooth. Not just any tooth, a tooth that has been causing her MUCH trouble for the last...week. I was more than happy to have this little whine-tool out of her mouth. So when she looked at me with big, shocked eyes...tooth in hand, I jumped out of the chair and started cheering.

She ran to the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and started...balling. Yeah, not exactly the reaction I was expecting. I thought she was sick of this tooth. Well, her respsonse was, "I liked to play with it when I was bored." Really? You're making me feel this terrible because your source of entertainment is gone? You're mourning the loss of a tooth? Sheesh.

Eventually, after all of the drama had worn off, she tried to bite me again. I wasn't very worried...I mean, she had one less tooth. She was weak sauce now. And we ended the night back in the chair watching a movie. It was a really good night of sister bonding time.

I have never, well, before tonight, removed a tooth from a mouth. I believe I should have considered dentistry more heavily. Maybe a change of majors is due? Nah. I'm sure I'll see enough hole-filled mouths in my current profession of choice. =) Anyway, time to get some sleep.

Watch out for loose toothed ten-year-olds,
the Lone Woolf

The culprit. And the hole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment